Tapping Sessions: What to Expect
- All sessions take place over Zoom.
- During the first 15 minutes or so of your first session, we will discuss goals, concerns and specific issues that you would like to address.
- I’ll give you some information on EFT Tapping and demonstrate the tapping points.
- We will have a brief, but in-depth conversation on the issue(s) you would like resolved, identifying the intensity of the problem. The focus will be on your emotion(s) as they come up and NOT on retelling your story.
- I will guide you through the entire Tapping session. You will repeat the words/phrases that I say, which you will have given to me during our brief conversation, while tapping.
- Throughout the session I will check in with you. I want to know anything coming up for you, even if it doesn’t seem logical. This information will continue to guide our session.
- I will also be checking in to make sure that you are staying connected to the issue but never overwhelmed, stopping to ground, if necessary.
- Know that while EFT Tapping is effective and works well in addition to other modalities, it does not take the place of a medical doctor or mental health professional.